Basic GDPR terms referred to in this document are defined as follows:
- Candidates or “data subjects.” A data subject refers to any person whose personal data is being collected, held or processed by the company. In this case, any candidate or person submitting their details via any of the methods referenced below in the ‘How do we collect your data?’ section of this document is a data subject. Any personal information collected, such as name, address, contact details, shall be protected under GDPR.
- Employers or “data controllers.” Employers, or recruiters who serve as their company’s main representatives to candidates, determine the purpose of collecting candidate personal data. This makes them the data controllers who are fully responsible for protecting candidate data and using it lawfully.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- Who will we share your data with?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
- The information we collect can be categorised in the following sections:
- Personal identification information such as name, email address, phone number
- Professional information such as found in CVs submitted by candidates, containing information such as job title, department, name of organisation and details surrounding employment history
- Third- party data can also be collected, such as that of referees. The latter will only be contacted with prior consent of both the third party, and the data subject.
- Account information in relation to payments
- Information about your use of our website (for more information, please see our Cookies policy)
Any personal data requested and received is used for recruitment purposes only. All candidate CVs contain specific personal contact information and employment history, and are shared consensually for the purpose of both specific and prospective recruitment processes now and in the future. Our legitimate interest in processing and storing such data is the facilitation of recruitment processes, enabling us to operate and function as a business. It is in our legitimate interest as a business and, in some cases, the candidates’ own interest that we can contact candidates in a timely manner regarding relevant opportunities; not being able to do so could negatively impact both the business and candidates.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Buy-Side Recruitment with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- submit an online query through our website regarding our services or subscribe to our newsletter;
- complete a survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email;
- use or view our website via your browser’s cookies; or
- get in touch with a member of our team or submit your CV to us.
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- get in touch with you with a specific role or opportunity which we think may be suitable to your background or you may be interested in;
- distribute marketing or latest research pieces which we think may be of interest to you as a finance professional; and
- promote an event, likely one we are sponsoring, which we think may be of interest to you.
Who will we share your data with?
Our Company may share your information with trusted third parties which enable us to operate successfully and efficiently. We only ever share personal data with prior consent and strictly for recruitment or business development purposes. This may be done in the form of introducing a CV which we think may be of interest to a firm, or by providing meaningful connections between people, all with mutual consent.
How do we store your data?
Our Company securely stores your data in a password secure cloud app (OneDrive), which is completely GDPR compliant. When a candidate submits a CV via email, it is manually uploaded to OneDrive.
We keep your personal information for as long as it is needed or permitted for the purpose for which it was collected. How long we keep it therefore varies according to the type of information it is and the purposes for which we have acquired it, and will range from a few days or weeks to several years in some cases. The purpose for which we retain data can be ongoing as we may support candidates for a longer period of time and secure more than one hire for them.
We keep your personal information for a period of up to 5 years of inactivity. After those 5 years run out, we will purge the candidate record. However, should there be any contact established with a member of the team, this 5 year period will automatically restart from the initial date that contact was reinstated.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to ask Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information about you that you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that Our Company complete any information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we shall have a period of one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at:
Call us at: 0203 865 3622
Or write to us: email@example.com