Whether you are left in the lurch with no succession plan, took time to get sign off for a replacement or someone left with immediate effect
You needed someone yesterday! Talent I.D. Express is our expedient offering, streamlining the recruitment process and removing exhaustive elements
The aim is to have at least two competitive and well matched potentials within 1 or 2 weeks
Use Talent I.D. Express For Mid-Senior Level Accounting Hires
- Responsible for production and review of Management, Financial and Statutory Reporting
- Part of finance management team, helping to attract, develop and motivate own finance team
- Conduit between junior and qualified accountant and FD
- Drive efficiency of finance systems, controls and processes, and ensure accounting deadlines are met
- Review and correct finance control teams work minimising risk and improving quality
- Presentations of management and financial reports to Finance Director, and even the board
- Produce cost, profitability and commercial MI for key management
- Decision support such as M&A, business cases and pricing
- Production of MI packs for management focusing on business trends and performance
- Attract, develop and retain a team of part-qualified and qualified financial and data analysts
- Improve forecasting, planning, financial analysis and finance systems
- Create AUM and flows analysis based on several key indicators (by fund, manager, business division, location, asset class)
- Ownership of finance & accounting for funds, often several
- ‘Finance Champion’ for front office, and acting as a conduit between front and back office (middle office)
- Stand-alone, or part of management attracting, developing and motivating own fund finance team
- Involved in valuations, portfolio monitoring, LPA wafterfall modelling and fund finance events
- Go to for FD for all things Fund Accounting
- Management LPs, GPs and adherence of LPA, investor relations and investor due diligence
- SME with circa 2-5 in finance, creating a broader skill set
- Often a combination of Financial Control, Fund Control and Technical Accounting
- Less Commercial Finance given the preoccupation of the above
- Reporting Directly into the CFO with greater exposure to executives
- Manage a small team, or over outsourced accounting
- Improve controls, systems and processes
- Ability to quickly effect change given the smaller scale
- Often act as an FD, and get exposure to board meetings early in career
- Ensure Robust Financial Control frameworks are maintained
- Conduit between business finance teams and the board
- Technical lead, digesting legislation changes and implemented across group
- Key member of the full audit process
- Ensure accuracy of financial reporting and statements
- Consolidate accounts at Group level
- Meet regulatory and statutory requirements
- Prepare Primary statement including income, balance sheet and cash flow
- Part of one of the above disciplines or a combination in a SME
- Responsible for much of the production and analysis
- Key part of the engine room of finance
- Better talent seen as succession plan to management team
- Mainly qualified in ACCA, CPA, CA, CIMA, ACA or sometimes qualified by experience
- Primarily recruited from outside of the Fund Industries whether from public practice, TPA, Banking or Financial Services industries
- Oversee transaction finance clerks and part-qualified accountants
We expedite by cutting out several elements of the process keeping it lean but still high touch
Identifying and attracting exceptional Accounting and Finance talent is challenging. Let alone from a fragmented talent pool comprised of micro-niches.
Firstly, the Investment Industries are vast in size, scale and complexity. Comprised of sub-sectors, asset classes, investment strategies with 1000s of firms ranging from start-ups, to large Corporates.
Layer the variable Accountants have similarities, but many differences such as industry background, functional experience, seniority, ambitions and personality. Each firm its own culture, systems and processes engendering nuances in experience and skills.
Resulting recruitment complaints?
- Applications containing barely relevant candidates
- Waiting on comparisons to a single credible candidate in process, then losing them to a competitor
- Blaming the recruiter for not listening, the marketing campaign not resonating or the process too slow
Talent I.D. minimises complexity, neatly calibrating talent across key factors. Enabling targeted headhunt campaigns, improving the quality of shortlists.
3 Innovative Pillars
That Underpin The Talent I.D. Process
We increase focus on talent affected by factors out of their control, impacting progression prospects.
Such factors will be;
- Poor performance of funds resulting in out-flows
- Going through takeover or merger
- In current role 3-5 years, manager staying in situ
- Company paying below market rate or no bonus
- Flight ratio higher than the 12% average*
- Nearshoring & offshoring away from London / UK
- Lack of investment in systems, processes, and infrastructure
- Accounting function not valued by Front Office
- Poor work-life balance accompanied by a lack of recognition
We track such situations across the market and focus our attention accordingly helping build pools of high calibre passive & active talent.
We support D&I and neural diversity. Hallmark vetting transcends across identities, focusing on;
- Academia – 2.1 from internationally regarded institution
- Professional Qualifications – ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA, CPA, CA
- Evidence of career planning – Logical steps made to defined career goal
- Achievements – evidence of going beyond to norm
- Industry passion & knowledge
- High quality of companies worked at
- Regular progression of duty and responsibility
- Committed durations, but not coasting – 2-3 years in junior roles, 3-6 in senior
Talent is dispersed, it requires rigour and systematic research making sure the entire market is considered.
We utilise professional networking groups, websites, industry updates, social media and engaging directly with the community.
Cutting edge technology & subscriptions support the integrity of data. Automation of research give up to date insights, immediately.
Deciding on who and what to track requires industry specialist understanding.